Acupuncture helps so many conditions, that we can't list them all. If you have tried many different ways to help with your condition without success, we encourage you to try acupuncture. Acupuncture is great for acute pain as well as chronic conditions such as stress, digestive disorders, chronic fatigue and autoimmune disorders.
The healing art of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) uses a holistic approach to promote health and wellness of the body and mind through all stages of life. The scope of TCM encompasses many therapeutic health modalities and includes techniques in acupuncture, cupping, herbal medicine, tui na (Chinese massage), and diet therapy in the treatment and prevention of disease and disorders. This ancient medicine treats acute symptoms of pain and illness and also offers effective treatment and relief of the following conditions:
- low energy levels and fatigue
- headaches and migraines
- acute injury
- pain management: both chronic and acute pain
- poor immune function (treat and prevent colds and flus, boost immunity)
- enhances natural fertility and IVF/ART support (both male and female)
- hormone imbalances (menstrual disorders and menopausal issues)
- digestive disorders (bloating, constipation, Crohn’s or colitis)
- reduce muscular tension and strain
- stress management: effective way to calm the mind and balance emotions
- optimize metabolism and digestion
- aids in recovery after illness
Acupuncture and Pregnancy
Pregnancy is a beautiful and amazing event in a woman's life. It is a time for many changes both physically and emotionally, and at times may be overwhelming. Acupuncture and TCM offers one of the most effective modalities to support and relieve discomforts of the body throughout every stage of pregnancy and can give support to the developing bundle of joy.
Common Complaints During Pregnancy
For many women, the excitement of learning you have become pregnant soon diminishes when the first signs of morning sickness arise. This is one of many common complaints seen in clinic and can be effectively treated and managed using acupuncture. However, there are many other complaints and discomforts that can be addressed including:
- Fatigue and low energy
- Digestive issues including indigestion and constipation
- Insomnia or poor sleep
- Low back pain and sciatic
- Tension in neck, shoulders, and hips
- Depression and anxiety
Other Pregnancy-Related Conditions
More complex conditions can also be treated using acupuncture and TCM and are commonly seen in a clinic setting, these include but are not limited to:
- Breech presentation: The use of acupuncture and moxa have been highly successful in encouraging the baby to turn to correct position
- Hypertension: Acupuncture and regular treatments aid to stabilize the blood pressure
- Induction: A very popular alternative to encouraging the onset of labour, Dr. Li-Broussard has assisted many women in promoting labour for post dates and other urgent concerns that require induction.
Acupuncture can also be used to increase frequency and intensity of contractions for slow or stalled labour.