Why Should You Choose Us?
Together, with our huge hearts and our healing hands, we work as a team to help you and those you love to live happy, healthy, active lives.... and we change the world with every person that we serve.
Why Choose Us?
.... We Look at Health DIFFERENTLY
At the outset, you might not notice that how we help our patients is unique
Yes, we adjust the spine
Yes, we massage sore muscles and provide comfort for aches and pains
Yes, we stimulate or calm acupuncture meridians to provide balance of energy throughout the body
Yes, we help to improve your brain function
But we are DIFFERENT because of who we are and our intention behind the services that we offer
At the Blessingways Chiropractic Wellness Centre we define overall good health as
- Physical well being
- Mental well being and
- Emotional well being
We envision our clients becoming healthy and balanced in all of these areas, and we have the practitioners to support our clients to achieve better overall health. We work together as a team to ensure that you are being cared for in the way that is best suited to your needs.
Let’s Take a Look at Physical Well Being
As practitioners, we believe that movement is the expression of life and that if you move freely, you can participate in all the fabulousness that life has to offer. Your life is fuller and richer for the ability to participate and enjoy your life more.
If you are coming to see us with acute injuries, our focus is to help correct the areas of your body that are in crisis as quickly as possible. Additionally, our assessments evaluate your whole body for posture and muscle imbalances that need correcting, or energy meridians that need to be coaxed back into equilibrium. With a balanced posture and even muscle tone, many of the underlying causes of pain simply fall away.
Our practitioners can help with improving your physical well being:
- Chiropractic adjustments, posture balancing techniques and home exercises help to correct your posture. The added benefit of better posture is that when the spine is in its optimal position, you experience improved communication between your brain and your body. You will move and feel much better; you may also notice that you have more energy as you go about your day.
- Acupuncture helps to decrease pain by increasing the release of endorphins (the natural chemicals that the body produces to block pain). Endorphins, along with other neurotransmitters (body chemicals that modify nerve impulses), block the message of pain from being delivered up to the brain.
- Massage Therapy helps to relieve muscle stiffness and tension. It soothes aches and pains and helps to improve range of motion and flexibility. Massage helps to decrease the negative effects of stress and promote overall physical wellbeing. Our massage patients generally feel better.
- CranioSacral Therapy helps the body to unwind and release any tension that it is holding. It is a gentle and very relaxing way to improve overall posture and good health. CranioSacral therapy is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system - comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord. Using a soft touch generally no greater than 5 grams, or about the weight of a nickel, practitioners release restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the functioning of the central nervous system. CranioSacral therapy is a wonderful way to unwind and release pain patterns held in the body.
What About Mental Well Being?
The brain is the master control system of the body, responsible for almost everything that we do. It creates conscious thought and movement, emotion, and all of the things that your body does to keep you alive: breathing, blood circulation, fighting disease, digesting food, and so much more.
Brain function and the thoughts that you think are quite important to overall health and we are able to help our patients improve their mental well being with:
After receiving a chiropractic adjustment, post EEG scans revealed improvement in all areas of the volunteer’s brain function. Particularly, the researchers noticed an increase in the meditative Alpha brainwave patterns that are associated with a greater degree of relaxation, health and healing.
Chiropractic adjustments can actually improve brain function and relaxation. Studies show that after adjustments, brain and nerve communication and function improves.
- Right and Left Brain Balancing – Dr. Beingessner has been taking courses to learn how to improve and balance the function of the right and left brain. The right and left sides of the brain perform many different overall functions and when we are stressed, we tend to have one side of our brain dominate over the other. With specific adjustments and home play, the weaker hemisphere can be strengthened resulting in better overall brain function. These improvements are especially helpful for stressed out adults or children with ADD/ADHD symptoms.
- Brain Gym is wonderful in helping you release old thought patterns that are no longer serving you. It is a quick, fun and effective way to help your brain function easier to help you enjoy your life more.
- Acupuncture helps to improve mental stress when there is an imbalance of chi within the body. Acupuncture and Oriental medicine have the ability to detect energetic changes that occur in the body and relieve symptoms by restoring equilibrium. The physical and emotional symptoms that you are experiencing will help create a clear picture on which your practitioners can create a treatment plan specifically for you.
Emotional Well Being is Incredibly Important
The missing link to many practices is to have someone help when you are:
- Stressed and frazzled and your emotions are getting away on you
- When your life is stuck and you need help figuring out what to do
- Your physical pain is too much to handle comfortably
Stress is a big part of North American culture and we are ready and able to help with that as well.
- Massage – touch helps to decrease stress within the body, resulting in decreased stress experienced within the brain. Massage helps to promote overall relaxation and helps to quiet the mind. As an added benefit, touch stimulates our bodies to produce endorphins which create a feeling of contentment and wellbeing. Massage also helps to release toxins held in the cells of the body.
- Acupuncture is an excellent method to treat stress and anxiety – it can help by resetting the body’s unhealthy stress responses and calming the mind. Physiologically, acupuncture calms the sympathetic nervous system, lowers blood pressure and increases muscle relaxation. Furthermore, acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine also help replenish the body's deep energy stores so that it has more resources to handle the demands of life.
- Holistic Life Coach - Steve Ockey is another effective option to help you relieve the negative effects of stress that you are experiencing. Steve uses many energy modalities such as Brain Gym, Millenium method, Touch for Health, Tibetan Psychic Surgery and others to provide an energy balance to your emotional distress. After an energy balance, Steve's patients leave Blessingways lighter and better prepared to handle their life stress.
Bringing it all Together
In conclusion, we hope that we can help all of our patients, with their health concerns, whether they are physical, mental or emotional. We welcome you, your friends and your family members to our clinic and we will do our best to help you with your physical, mental or emotional challenges with regards to your overall health. Our goal truly is to help all of our patients feel better, move better and live better… which will help them to participate and enjoy all that their lives have to offer.