Why Should You Choose Us?
Together, with our huge hearts and our healing hands, we work as a team to help you and those you love to live happy, healthy, active lives.... and we change the world with every person that we serve.
Why Choose Us?
.... We Look at Health DIFFERENTLY
At the outset, you might not notice that how we help our patients is unique
Yes, we adjust the spine
Yes, we improve your posture
Yes, we help to improve your brain function
Yes, we massage sore muscles and provide comfort for aches and pains
But we are DIFFERENT because of who we are and our intention behind the services that we offer
At the Blessingways Chiropractic Wellness Centre we define overall good health as
- Physical well being
- Mental well being and
- Emotional well being
We envision our clients becoming healthy and balanced in all of these areas, and we have the practitioners to support our clients to achieve better overall health. We work together as a team to ensure that you are being cared for in the way that is best suited to your needs.
Let’s Take a Look at Physical Well Being
As practitioners, we believe that movement is the expression of life and that if you move freely, you can participate in all the fabulousness that life has to offer. Your life is fuller and richer for the ability to participate and enjoy your life more.
If you are coming to see us with acute injuries, our focus is to help correct the areas of your body that are in crisis as quickly as possible. Additionally, our assessments evaluate your whole body for posture and muscle imbalances that need correcting. With a balanced posture and even muscle tone, many of the underlying causes of pain simply fall away.
Our practitioners can help with improving your physical well being:
- Chiropractic adjustments, posture balancing techniques and home exercises help to correct your posture. The added benefit of better posture is that when the spine is in its optimal position, you experience improved communication between your brain and your body. You will move and feel much better; you may also notice that you have more energy as you go about your day.
- Massage Therapy helps to relieve muscle stiffness and tension. It soothes aches and pains and helps to improve range of motion and flexibility. Massage helps to decrease the negative effects of stress and promote overall physical wellbeing. Our massage patients generally feel better.
- CranioSacral Therapy helps the body to unwind and release any tension that it is holding. It is a gentle and very relaxing way to improve overall posture and good health. CranioSacral therapy is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system - comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord. Using a soft touch generally no greater than 5 grams, or about the weight of a nickel, practitioners release restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the functioning of the central nervous system. CranioSacral therapy is a wonderful way to unwind and release pain patterns held in the body.
What About Mental Well Being?
The brain is the master control system of the body, responsible for almost everything that we do. It creates conscious thought and movement, emotion, and all of the things that your body does to keep you alive: breathing, blood circulation, fighting disease, digesting food, and so much more.
Brain function and the thoughts that you think are quite important to overall health and we are able to help our patients improve their mental well being with:
After receiving a chiropractic adjustment, post EEG scans revealed improvement in all areas of the volunteer’s brain function. Particularly, the researchers noticed an increase in the meditative Alpha brainwave patterns that are associated with a greater degree of relaxation, health and healing.
Chiropractic adjustments can actually improve brain function and relaxation. Studies show that after adjustments, brain and nerve communication and function improves.
- Right and Left Brain Balancing – Dr. Beingessner has been taking courses to learn how to improve and balance the function of the right and left brain. The right and left sides of the brain perform many different overall functions and when we are stressed, we tend to have one side of our brain dominate over the other. With specific adjustments and home play, the weaker hemisphere can be strengthened resulting in better overall brain function. These improvements are especially helpful for stressed out adults or children with ADD/ADHD symptoms.
Emotional Well Being is Incredibly Important
The missing link to many practices is to have someone help when you are:
- Stressed and frazzled and your emotions are getting away on you
- When your life is stuck and you need help figuring out what to do
- Your physical pain is too much to handle comfortably
Stress is a big part of North American culture and we are ready and able to help with that as well.
- Chiropractic adjustments help to relieve the negative emotional effects of stress in your body. When we experience stress, our tailbones flex naturally, which pulls on the spinal cord. Think of what a dog does when it encounters stress: it's tail tucks under its body, which in effect pulls on the spinal cord and increases tension. We humans do the same thing when we experience stress, but it is a very slight shift. The increased tension on the spinal cord from the tailbone pulls on the brain stem and increases our sense of physical stress.
Chiropractic adjustments help to bring the body back into normal posture AND decrease the tension on the spinal cord that occurs naturally under stress. Adjustments provide emotional relief and help to physically relieve stress that your body experiences.
- Massage – touch helps to decrease stress within the body, resulting in decreased stress experienced within the brain. Massage helps to promote overall relaxation and helps to quiet the mind. As an added benefit, touch stimulates our bodies to produce endorphins which create a feeling of contentment and wellbeing. Massage also helps to release toxins held in the cells of the body.
Bringing it all Together
In conclusion, we hope that we can help all of our patients, with their health concerns, whether they are physical, mental or emotional. We welcome you, your friends and your family members to our clinic and we will do our best to help you with your physical, mental or emotional challenges with regards to your overall health. Our goal truly is to help all of our patients feel better, move better and live better… which will help them to participate and enjoy all that their lives have to offer.